[ M a s o K i s s ] Guild
By Registering you are able to have full access to our website, post, comment and view links and images. Don't forget to Login~! <3
By Registering you are able to have full access to our website, post, comment and view links and images. Don't forget to Login~! <3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
GvG Every Saturday @ 4pm EST Maximum participation required. Let's show them what we got! - Alestar
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Nesari's Questionnaire o/
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 am by kheera

» Bad Dad Joke Contest (Deadline: 6/21)
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 am by Nesari

» - Glyph Information -
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 pm by Nesari

» ::Guild vs. Guild inside Guide:: work in progress
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:23 pm by Nesari

» Illusionist
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:10 pm by gilgameshftw

» Guild Etiquette
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:31 pm by gilgameshftw

» Aven Fame Lader
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 pm by Nyan

» DPS Blade Dancer guide
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 pm by mrdolphin

» Q/A EC giveaway
[MasoKiss] Origin EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:06 pm by Alestar7

Keywords
Top posting users this week
No user
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of [ M a s o K i s s ] Guild on your social bookmarking website
Affiliates
free forum

[MasoKiss] Origin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nesari
Empress
Empress
Nesari

[MasoKiss] Origin Empty
PostSubject: [MasoKiss] Origin   [MasoKiss] Origin EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 pm

I know many have asked, "Why is the guild called MasoKiss and what does it mean??" To answer that, first you must know MasoKiss is a play on word for, Masochist. Yes, it's origin comes from Leopold von Sacher Masoch, but if you look up the word on Oxford Dictionary you'll see a form of it's definition. We use the general definition, not the psychiatric one. If you look further into it's definition, you'll find (hard to, but you can) that is means "to obtain pleasure (non-sexual) from pain, usually for a loved one." That definition stuck. If you think about it, isn't living a bit masochistic? Working out? Love? The definition for us grew, as to defining how we never give up. No matter how hard something is, no matter how many times we fall, we keep trying. And isn't that, masochism?

In the end, we named the Guild MasoKiss to define our hard work, perseverance, and all the things we do for one another - no matter how painful or tiresome. It's finding pleasure in all that we do, never giving up, and always getting back up.

When the game first started in Closed Beta, it was just me and Alestar. Every other player was just starting most didn't stay, people came and went, and everyone was doing their own thing, their own way. Back then Dungeons were pretty much "Unlimited" or 1-Person (you can go in to complete it, but you get no EXP/CP, no drops, no nothing). And it was just me and Ales doing dungeons, leveling, and figuring the game out. Our whole experience from the beginning was masochistic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/536067656406702/

[MasoKiss] Origin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[ M a s o K i s s ] Guild :: Advice Center :: Guides-
Jump to: